Based in Turin, Italy
Futuridium EP Deluxe is the definitive version of Futuridium EP, and it's coming out soon on PlayStation Vita. As a match made in heaven, the fast paced action of Futuridium is a perfect fit for the awesome PSVita analog stick and controls and the colourful, psychedelic graphic pops out from that gorgeous screen directly into your eyes. Death Star trench run at full speed meets old school difficulty and modern fast paced action with unique gameplay mechanics, all turned up to eleven in the Deluxe version, with added levels, play modes, enemies and mechanics. The music as always is a central part of the experience and the 45-minutes long soundtrack will be enhanced with new, exclusive music tracks, for over 60 minutes of music. Oh, and you'll really feel those 60-frames-per-seconds. Ohhhh, yes.
Futuridium EP is a retro fast paced shoot’em up with a modern twist, that was inspired by one of the greatest 8bit C64 shoot’em up of all time, Uridium by Andrew Braybrook. In Futuridium you are a lone starship pilot who gets lost in a dimensional loop just before a big space battle: with a limited and constantly depleting energy bar, your only hope is to fly as fast as possible over enormous space dreadnoughts and destroy all the cyan power cubes, replenishing your energy tank and revealing the dreadnought’s power core, which must be destroyed to move on to the next ship. You have no power-ups and limited control over your speed so you can only count on your reflexes, your dual lasers, the nimbleness of you starship and... the ability to turn 180° on the spot, an essential ability to navigate on the intricate passages on the dreadnoughts. Three parts hi-speed actions, one part hi-speed puzzle game: the gameplay is heavily score based, you can gain big multiplier destroying cubes and chaining cubes together to get huge score boost. You can play it safe, but only taking big risks and learning the right path on the dreadnoughts will lead you to the top of the online leaderboards.
- Frantic speed, crushing difficulty, old school gameplay with a modern twist
- Retro looking flat shaded graphic, with tons of dazzling special effects
- No special powers, no bonuses: only the player reflexes count... and the ability to turn your ship 180° on the spot!
- Exclusive for PSVita: new levels, more gameplay modes, added mechanics, more enemies, more speed, more features
- 60fps, because we love silky smooth action
- More music: all the track from Futuridium EP plus a lot more. Over an hour of original musics for you ears' pleasure
- Leaderboards! Trophies! More easter eggs!
- It's perfect on PSVita, with the gorgeous screen, the analog stick and the physical buttons. Seriously: perfect!
PSVita announcement trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "This part is sadly empty..." ...hope to get some shiny award to show off soon! Shiny!
- "Piloting a nimble one-man fighter craft and taking on a fleet of epic armed-to-the-teeth alien dreadnoughts has never been so much fun."
- James Monkman, IndieGames.com
- "Fun as hell, and I can’t stop playing. Seriously, somebody help me."
- Chloi Rad, Indie Statik
- "I never thought I’d listen to Flock of Seagulls, but Futuridium EP is a space age love song that sings straight to the soul."
- Greg Srisavasdi, ArcadeSushi.com
Request Press Copy
Please fill in your e-mail address below and we'll get back to you as soon as a press copy is available for you.
Alternatively, you can always request a press copy by sending us a quick email.
Download the hi quality, 60fps trailer
Download from press.mixedbag.it.
About MixedBag Srl
Two person indie studio based in Turin, Italy. Kicking ass, taking names, making games!
More information on MixedBag Srl, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Futuridium EP Deluxe Credits
Game design & programming, MixedBag
Game & graphic design, MixedBag
Music & sound effects, Freelancer